Several folks have asked about parking for Packet Pickup. As many of you probably know, downtown Durham just installed parking meters for most street parking on Monday. Yes, this past Monday!! How could we have known?
Here are some options for parking:
- Pay the Meter: We all know Durham could use the extra revenue. If you see one of these signs (“2 Hour Pay Parking”), you will need to find a pay station or risk a ticket.
- South side of Hunt street: For some reason, Hunt Street does not yet have metered parking. It is the closest cross street to Urban Durham Realty. If you don’t see the Pay Parking sign on that side of the road, you should be able to park there.
- Loading Zone in front of Urban Durham Realty: There are two loading zone spaces that have no time limit but should be good for 15-20 minute parking.
- Durham Centre Parking Deck: We will offer a coupon for free parking at packet pickup (good for one hour of parking). See map below for location of parking deck and surrounding area.
- Surface lot across from Urban Durham: DO NOT park in surface lot across Foster from Urban Durham Realty before 5PM. After that time, you should be able to park there without issue. If you see NO RACE PARKING signs at the entrance, DO NOT park there.